Location: Newark, NJ 07103
Date Posted: 07/12/2019
Category: Public School
We are currently hiring for the 2019-2020 school year.
Precision HR focuses on enhancing the quality of children’s educational experience by helping school systems provide highly skilled, committed and caring education professionals to the classroom and support functions.
We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain the District's facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism.
SUMMARY OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
* Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
* Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
* Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
* Wipe mirrors and windows
* Maintain outer premises by watering plants, mowing lawn, cleaning entrances
* Utilize insecticides to prevent infestation by dangerous pests
* Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
* Report major damages and oversee repairs
* Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
* Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
* High School Diploma is preferred but not required
* Previous experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
* Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
* Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
* Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
* Attention to detail and conscientiousness
* Very good physical condition and strength
Work Type: CONTRACT
Ref. No.: 1185250-13
Company: Precision Human Resource Solutions, Inc. (NJ)
Contract Contact: NJ Careers
Office Email: InfoNJ@precisionhr.net
Office Phone: 888-773-7803
Office Address: One Woodbridge Center, Suite 512, Woodbridge, NJ 07095
About Us: Registering on the PrecisonHR.net website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you will be contacted. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal PHRS entity.