Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: 01/10/2020
Education: Bachelors Degree
We are seeking Montessori certified and experienced Lead Guide(s) at the Upper Elementary level to join our dynamic and expanding staff for SY 2019-2020.
If you possess a sincere commitment to building and directing a quality Montessori environment, offering support and guidance to parents, and collaborating with experienced colleagues, please considers joining the Shining Stars Montessori school community.
The right candidate should possess maturity, dedication, and high integrity, and good judgment, ability to self-reflect as a member of the teaching staff, and the courage to grow as an educational leader. We seek individuals with a clear understanding of Montessori ideals, deep knowledge of the development of children, and the classroom management and communication skills that nurture self-discipline, order, and confidence in young students. We can offer you a rewarding experience in a growing and diverse Montessori school in the nation's capital. Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS is American Montessori Society and Middle States Association/Council on Elementary and Secondary School accredited.
This is a full time and benefited position. Hours are typically from 7:45am -4:30pm, with some weekend and evening
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
* Maintain confidentiality ? A passion for growing independent, confident and intellectually curious children;
* Ability to provide services to all children and families with respect and dignity
* Ability to understand and willingness to work with a range of learning styles is required
* Excellent listening and communications skills ? Strong written and verbal communications skills
* A love of children and a sense of humor
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Elementary Education or a related discipline is required; Master's Degree preferred;
* AMS or AMI certification/Diploma in Elementary Education from a MACTE recognized or affiliate Teacher Education Program required
* Prior experience in a Montessori) classroom environment preferred.
* Prior experience working in a diverse student and adult community
* Praxis II certification and passing scores preferred
* Spanish or French language fluency a plus
* Advanced degrees, or multiple credentials (e.g., Special Education, ESOL, Music, Art, etc.)
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
Title: Montessori Certified Teacher
Work Type: PERMANENT ONLY
Ref. No.: 1202772-12
Company: Precision Human Resource Solutions, Inc. (DTGVA)
Contract Contact: Contract Submit PHRS
Office Email: VAContracts@deltatg.com
Office Phone: 800-533-8180
Office Address: 1952 Gallows Road, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22182
About Us: Each Delta-T Group office is separately incorporated. Delta-T Group is a referral service for self-employed independent contractors seeking behavioral healthcare education and social service supplemental marketplace opportunities. Delta-T cannot guarantee any number or duration of referrals or opportunities as a result of your registration. When and if opportunities become available, you may accept or decline such referrals at your sole discretion.