Oregon City, OR
We are seeking Educational Assistants/ Paraprofessionals in Oregon City, ORSUMMARY OF OPPORTUNITY
* The Educational Assistant assists the teacher in instruction, personal management and positive behavior management to engage students whose primary disability is intellectual disability with high intensity support needs and extremely significant behavioral challenges.
* Provides instruction under the direction of the classroom teacher, to individual students in academic and functional skills domains, including communication, self-care, social skills, community use, functional academics, leisure, and work
* Participates actively in the process of completing functional behavioral assessments by collecting specific data related to students' behaviors, and contributes to the development of students' Behavior Support Plans through sharing data and observations
* Manages student behaviors by adhering to the Behavior Support Plan developed for the student; utilizes principles of de-escalation at all times
* Follows guidelines for use of the least intrusive intervention and best practices, consistent with the students' needs and disabilities; provides feedback and adjusts the nature and frequency with which positive reinforcement is provided to students during individual sessions
* Provides input into the development of individualized sensory plans for students; supports students' development of self-regulation ability through the skillful use of sensory tools; guides students to interact with tools to decrease behavioral escalation intensity and frequencyREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* At least 18 years of age
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preparation
* Ability to operate and use technology for student instruction and/or care, including computers, augmentative communication devises, and adaptive physical equipment
* Ability to produce materials using computers, copiers, audiovisual equipment, and other office machines
* Training or successful experience working with students whose primary disability is moderate to severe intellectual disability or other developmental disabilities
* Ability to work under the direction of multiple supervisors
* Ability to work as a member of a collaborative team
* Ability and willingness to provide for students' personal care needs including feeding, diapering, and assistance with toileting
* Ability to acquire and maintain a valid first aid and CPR card
* Written and oral communication skills sufficient to perform essential functions
* Physical and mental attributes sufficient to perform essential functionsCOMPANY OVERVIEW
Precision HR Solutions, Inc is a contracted provider for these positions at the School District. Precision HR focuses on enhancing the quality of children’s educational experience by helping school systems provide highly skilled, committed and caring education professionals to the classroom and support functions.
Precision Human Resource Solutions, Inc. (PA)
Office Email: [email protected]
950 East Haverford Road, Suite 100C, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
About Us: Registering on the PrecisonHR.net website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you will be contacted. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal PHRS entity.