Ashburn, VA 20147
The Travel Agent
(TA) makes domestic travel and lodging arrangements for unaccompanied children and their families, in support of the immigration reunification process!
The TA is responsible for inputting work requests into the company's scheduling system, identifying the correct number and gender of available, appropriately skilled Transportation Specialists (TS), and confirming TS availability via phone. The TA sets, updates and maintains TS work schedules in the company's scheduling database. The TA is responsible for creating daily and weekly work schedules while maintaining enough flexibility to meet project demands.KEY FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE
* Receives & inputs requests to transport passengers from facilities to the scheduling system
* Using the company's scheduling system travel database to search for available flights, seats and routes.
* Searches the company scheduling system to identify the appropriately trained and available employees based on age, gender, and special needs.
* Communicates transport requirement(s) to the transport specialist.
* Assigns the appropriate gender and number of TS to each transport.
* Confirms assignment of transport with each TS.
* Provides TS date, time to arrive at office for trip orientation.
* Communicates names of TS assigned to transport to the Transportation Coordinator.
* Provides assistance in changing and/or canceling flights, provides TS with travel-related information, and reserves tickets that allow the TS and ORRs appropriate seating on flights.
* Works closely and in conjunction with the corporate travel contractor to book flights, lodging and ground transportation.
* Schedules transportation of ORRs and/or family members so that it is completed within 24 hours of receiving the transportation request from ORR.
* Identifies TS able to manage any ORR or family member special needs/requirements.
* Remains aware of travel-related information that may cause delays or prevent flight connections from occurring and communicates this information to the TS in route.
* Makes last-minute travel arrangements or cancellations due to inclement weather or other travel emergencies.
* Ensures accurate transportation itinerary information is available to all necessary employees via the scheduling system.
* And other duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Possess an associate degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college or relevant work experience
* Have at least two (2) years of documented experience in a travel or logistics related field
* Experience making travel accommodations for large groups.
* Ability to pass a Government Security Background Investigation, including a favorable credit check, no criminal record, and no prior drug use.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to deliver the highest quality of work under extreme pressure
* Analytical and problem-solving skillsThese requirements are thoroughly reviewed during the employment screening process. Acceptance for this opportunity is dependent upon meeting all qualification/selection criteria.
Precision Human Resource Solutions, Inc. (CT\MA\RI)
Office Email: [email protected]
101 Centerpoint Drive, Suite 102, Middletown, CT 06457
About Us: Registering on the PrecisonHR.net website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you will be contacted. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal PHRS entity.