Under direct supervision, as a Custodian
you will maintain assigned areas of a school building and its grounds. You will provide custodial care for facilities by emptying trash, sweeping and vacuuming floors, cleaning classrooms and sanitizing bathrooms, maintaining cafeteria cleanlines, and performing other custodial-related duties.Essential Functions
* Clean assigned school facilities for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment. Sweep, dust, clean, scrub, strip, seal, wax, polish, and mop floors in classrooms, kitchens, dining halls, toilet rooms, offices, and similar facilities. Cleans, dusts, high dusts, and polishes woodwork, glass, hall lockers, furniture, air intake screens, and louvers, fixtures, and other installations.
* Remove spots from floors, walls, woodwork, furniture, and fixtures and cleans chalkboards and erasers. Wash and scrub walls, lavatory fixtures, inside glass, windows, painted surfaces, and drinking fountains, and sanitizes refrigerators and beverage coolers.
* Maintain floors and sidewalks (e.g. sweeps, wet/dry mops, dust mops, vacuums carpets, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safety and proper maintenance of facility. Sweeps and hoses blacktops, playgrounds, sidewalks, and parkways.
* Arrange tables, chairs, desks, etc. for the purpose of providing adequate preparation for classroom activities and events. Performs a variety of unscheduled custodial duties as requested by the school office and teachers.
* Maintain supplies and equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items required to properly stock facilities.
* Operate equipment, such as floor polishing and scrubbing machines, wall washing machines, steam shampooers, vacuum cleaners, and power sweepers.
* Gather and dispose of rubbish, paper, and debris, and empty and wash refuse containers.
* Inspect school facilities for the purpose of ensuring that the site meets district standards for safety and cleanliness, and/or identify vandalism, equipment breakage, weather damage, etc.
* Monitor students for the purpose of ensuring a safe and positive school environment and/or supervising student workers.
* Support assigned site administrators (e.g. monitor students, courier items, supervise in-house suspension work crews, etc.) for the purpose of assisting them in their work activities. Skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) prior to being hired (preferred)
* Minimum of one (1) year of custodial or maintenance-related experience (preferred)
* Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in industrial maintenance, adhering to safety practices, and handling hazardous materials.
* Understand written procedures, write routine documents, understand written and oral instructions, and speak clearly
* Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: methods of industrial cleaning; safety practices and procedures.
* Abiity to use tools to make minor repairs such as screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches and drills
* Read instructions and following directions in the use of commercial grade cleaning supplies
* Know methods of cleaning floors, lavatories, and other areas of school buildings
* Know sterilization and sanitation methods used in custodial work
* Working harmoniously with students, administrators, P.T.A. groups, teachers, and others
* Engage and encourage communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.COMPANY OVERVIEW
Precision HR Solutions, Inc., focuses on enhancing the quality of children’s educational experience by helping school systems provide highly skilled, committed and caring education professionals to the classroom and support functions.
#buildingandgrounds #housekeeping #buildingmaintenance #facilities #janitor #custodian
Precision Human Resource Solutions, Inc.
Contract Submit PHRS RFP
Office Email: [email protected]
950 East Haverford Road, Suite 100C, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
About Us: Registering on the PrecisonHR.net website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you will be contacted. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal PHRS entity.